Video Marketing Strategy Series
Step 2 - call to action
Placing a call to action is the most critical step of any commercial, remember that it's the reason why you're making a video in the first place: you want to motivate the people watching your advert to take action and make a call, check your website and hopefully buy your product.
Every TV commercial and most ads circulating on the Internet have a call to action. Most of the time that call to action translate into an 'end board' or 'end slate' which is the end frame of the video where you add all the contact information.
However, there are many non-traditional ways to get your viewers to take action, depending on the type and tone of your business; a call to action for financial services should be different to the one used by a health coach.
Follow the below steps to create the perfect call to action for your business:
- Research: use the information you got from the previous step to target your audience (where do your clients hang out? IG, Twitter, How do they spend their free time, watching TV? At the cinema?), that information should give you a clear idea what is the best platform to reach them.
- Add a description: most video distribution platforms have the option to add a description; I strongly encourage you to do so. Use specific keywords in your description and add meta tags (SEO) to your web page/Youtube/Vimeo channel this will increase the chances of your content being found. Include the contact details as well as a link to your website and social media accounts, this can seem redundant, but you will see that the traffic to your site increases.
- Lead viewers to your website: you can encourage them to do this by adding a clickable "learn more" button or link that sends the audience directly to your site. Increase your CTA by creating a landing page for this action and have a special offer in place.
- Design a journey path: line-up relevant videos to play one after the other (by using autoplay or adding thumbnails at the end of each video), based on your customer behaviour. The series of videos should lead your potential clients to understand better the product/service, build trust (testimonials) and finally buy your product. Make sure to have a link to buy your product next to the video.
- Watch a great example of a viewer journey path from Volvo Trucks:
Need some inspiration? Here are some call to action ideas:
- add a pop-up sign-up or contact form at the end of the video,
- offer a free trial of your product or a free consultation about your services,
- opt-in giveaway,
- invite viewers to follow you or ask a question on your social media channels.
Have you implemented any of these ideas? Leave a comment below and let us know how it working for you.
Do you need help building a marketing strategy for your business or maybe creating some engaging and beautiful video content to bring your strategy into play?
Why not reach out and say hello, we'll love you hear from you!